Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 3 Recap.

Week 3 has come and gone. How can we already be on week 4 of training? This is going by WAY too fast for me. Like I had mentioned before Team Challenge is a 16 week training and fundraising program. So far I have raised $1,500. almost halfway to my goal of $3,500. Of course I am oh so grateful to all those who donate and I try to immediately send out a thank you.

A few weeks back I had some time on a plane ride home from business so I wrote out all my thank-yous that flight. I wish I could say I have received donations since, but unfortunately that is not true. I've pre-planned a March Madness Fundraiser which should bring in some donations, but I'm going to have to get creative here pretty soon.

As far as training has been going, I'm loving every minute of it. This past Saturday we had a cold, snow and slippery run at D.W. Field Park in Brockton. Of course, we were supposed to do 25 min out and 25 min back, but Jacy Jen and I wanted to see if the path we were on looped around and we actually finished 4 miles in 42 min. Whoops. We were close to the 50 min!


Damn we look good. I love team photos. The Monday (last) night, my teammate Shira and I ran together around Norwood since she lives here too! We did a nice 3.75 mile loop through the center of town. I totally didn't even start my garmin the first mile. And of course didn't set the laps so I would have an average of my mile times. But for the time I did have the garmin going we averaged 10:55 min/mile. Not bad considering we were talking, going uphill and dodging rush hour traffic and puddles. A successful run if I do say so myself.

So far all I have had is good news. So onto the bad I guess. Well it may not be bad. I don't know yet. I'm pretty much praying I have some sorta virus right now, otherwise I am having a horrible flare with symptoms that aren't normal to me. Like I have stated before I tend to see blood when I am flaring. I'm actually using a suppository right now for that fact. Last night though I started getting major stomach cramps and the runs. It lasted all day at work. I was actually afraid I wasn't going to make it to the bathroom once. These are symptoms of IBD, just not mine. So I am hoping it is a virus or a bug and I'll be over it quick. For now, its time to finish my book and get some rest for tomorrow. Goodnight all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment