Monday, March 14, 2011

SPEEDemon

Holy cow! Today Shira and I went for a four mile run up behind her house where there is a fairly decent sized hill that I wanted to tackle. Last week we only went part-way up and  I know I was soar the next day. This week i told her I wanted to go all the way up it. It was so hard. And we didn't slow down our pace that much either - which I'm not too sure if its a good or a bad thing. Here is our splits:

Lap 1 - 1 mile - 10:04
Lap 2 - 1 mile - 10:06
Lap 3 - 1 mile - 10:20
Lap 4 - 1 mile - 10:20

Funny how the major hill I talked about was the last part of mile 2. But I'm not going to complain. 40:50 in total and it was awesome.

Saturday's training run was 5.22 miles at Carson Beach again. LOVE Carson Beach. I ran with Super Dave and Will. I tried running with Amanda, but I couldn't keep up. She is fast. Although Dave wasn't going as hard as he normally does, I know I was totally going faster than I normally would. My legs were feeling it yesterday. My legs will be feeling it again tomorrow.


Following our training session we had a short yoga session taught by Coach Jenny. I love yoga, and love the stretch. But it was freezing. We totally needed it though.
 (Please note Shira in the right hand corner slacking off).

No comments:

Post a Comment