Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cheesy Burger Pasta

Holy.Sore.Muscles.

Yesterday I was hurting. I'm still hurting today. I guess I wasn't ready for the 60+ lunges I did Sunday morning. So yesterday since Shira was resting her foot (inflammation in her big toe) I decided to hit the elliptical for 40 min then do some core work.

It also reminded what I love (hot guys/good sights/good people watching) and hate (only one elliptical free and no room on the mats) about the gym. But the sights were definatley worth it ;)

Last night I woke up at midnight with a migraine. I was able to take some meds and I was back asleep within an hour. But this morning I woke up with more then a soar throat. It just got worse. All afternoon I was sucking on peppermints in my office because it just hurt. Then my ear started throbbing (I'm probably the only adult who still gets ear infections) As soon as I left work I hit up CVS for soar throat drops and some nyquil.

Tonight I made one of my fav. dinners - Cheeseburger Pasta. Yummy :) I enjoyed Hamburger Helper as a kid, but as an adult I like to recreate meals like hamburger helperbut make them better for me and my body.
Cheeseburger Pasta
Serves: 2 or 3

1/2 lb Ground Turkey
1-8 oz can Diced Tomatoes
1/2 C Diced onion
1 tsp minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste
2 or 3 Cups Whole Wheat Pasta (Rigatoni)
1/4 C Kethcup
1/8 C Mustard
1/4 C Relish
1/2 C Mexican Blend Cheese

Cook pasta per instructions
Saute onion in Olive Oil for approx 5 min
Add ground turkey, garlic, salt and pepper
Cook until no longer pink
Add diced tomatoes and juice
Add ketchup, mustard & relish (amounts are estimated - make to taste preferences)
bring sauce to boil the reduce heat to simmer
simmer for about 5 min then add cheese
stir until cheese melted
add cooked pasta, stir to completely coat pasta

serve&enjoy.

(I chose to serve mine over spinach - i also saved about 1/3 of the pre-cheesed mix of turkey, tomatoes and condiments for tomorrow's dinner - cheeseburger pizza!)



No comments:

Post a Comment