Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Health Update & Pacing

Saturday after our team training I had to head over to the Deaconess Glover Hospital for some lab work. My GI was on vacation last week, so my primary care physician called in some lab work to check out whether I had a bacteria or virus or something like that causing the diarrhea and cramping I was experiencing all last week. When he calls you back on a Sunday you know something is wrong. I have C Diff Colitis caused by the antibiotics I took two weeks ago. Good thing people with UC and Crohn's are predisposed to that (says so right on the website when I googled it). C Diff comes either mild or severe -  I'll let you guess what I had. But that means another 10-day round of antibiotics.

Okay. That's where things are with me.

One of the things I like about my Garmin is it shows me how well (or how poorly) I pace myself. Now granted things like hills and stuff totally affect my speed, but the picture above was from Saturday at Carson beach which is rather flat. You cansee right around the halfway mark where we turned around, but other wise these are a few ups and downs that worry me. Jacy and I pretty much stayed together the entire time and I know we slowed to talk to some people, but I was really surprised to see the fluctuations.

When I run by myself (in daylight) I can focus on my pace (I've actually learned to look at just pace and not time or distance anymore) but when I'm running with friends I totally forget about my garmin and just go.

Oh well. I guess thats one more thing to work on. I just got my new kindle, as my other one froze - and I think I may of had withdrawals. Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment