Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ass down Feet up.

What a good night for a run. My original plan was to run this morning because last nights run was superseded by the new washer and dryer that I got delivered yesterday. But when I checked the weather as my alarm was going off at 5 am and saw it was 5 degrees outside I reset the alarm and went back to bed. I'm kinda a baby. So after work today I was determined to get that run in. I had a hard time getting my Garmin to load the satellite so I ran my first 0.7 miles without it. Finally when It began working I got these for splits:

Lap 1: 1 mile 10:31
Lap 2: 1 mile 10:30
Lap 3: 0.34 mile 3:45 (11:06/mile pace)

Normally I'm pretty good running 10:30/mile on the street. The last wee bit of my run however I ended up on my butt. Full Fledged slip on some ice. I'm pretty sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow. The worst part is I slipped while trying to stop when I came across the giant patch of ice. Oh well. Its winter in New England.

I brushed myself off, came home and made this:
Like my Valentine's place mat? This was a turkey sausage casserole thing I had seen in a magazine and made one Sunday. But since I make meals big enough to feed an army, I froze a few portions and pulled out out the other day to defrost so I could have it tonight. I had it over some spinach as you can see because I feel you should eat tons of greens. Plus I have low Iron counts when I'm bleeding from the IBD so every little bit helps right?

Then this happened:

Love my new washer and dryer. DESPISE! folding clothes. I purposely empty laundry baskets onto my bed cause I won't throw clean clothes on the floor (although I have totally slept with them on my bed before, don't judge). Now its time to finish my glass of vino, read my magazine (FITNESS) and crawl into bed soon.

On a good note. I have not seen blood for days! YAY! Love Rowasa! Let's hope this keeps up. My Nana told me she was praying for me tonight (she better since she hung up on me cause I interrupted the rosary on TV!). Nana's always praying to heal me...

No comments:

Post a Comment