Sunday, March 6, 2011

Team JACEface

I have a home! :) As a TC Alum I don't get a mentor which the newbiew get. Last year my mentor, Bethanne< was simply fabulous. She connected with me while I was out to sea, answered all my "am I going to be able to do this?" questions and was just really motivating. I love her and miss her terribly. But as everyone has been connecting with their mentor I just hang out with fellow alums and introduce myself to their mentees (I'm still trying to learn everyone's name!). But I just placed on my friend JACY's team (aka Team JACEface) and I now have a home. SUPER EXCITED About that.


(A portion of us refueling after our run)

Yesterday we took training to Carson Beach in Southie. Maybe one of my favorite places to run, especially when the weather gets better and everyone is out running there. But we had a huge showing of teammates there which was amazing and we set out for a 5 mile run. It took us 50 min to run (with two bathroom stops) but it totally flew by. Jacy of course waited for me whenver I needed to take a pit stop, but we would shortly catch back up with everyone.

After our run a group of us got together and headed to Mul's Diner in Southie for some breakfast.



Commence stuffing Face. LOOOOVVVVEEEEE! So good to get to know some new teammates and catch up with some old friends. Of course we had to ask Coach Chris for no judgment prior to commencement. Just kidding. Sorta. I did scarf down a bacon egg & cheese on and English and split a stack of pancakes with teammate Jacquiline. Yes, a food coma was to follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment