Thursday, March 10, 2011

Miss (Lack Of) Motivation

Its kind of ironic that today we get an email from Coach Jenny about motiviation and giving yourself a break from all the stressors of life be going out for a run. And I haven't run since Monday. There are many reasons why I should or shouldn't run. And I know I need to get into that running schedule especially once we start tacking on the miles, I just haven't had the motivation this week. Yesterday spur of the moment I decided to take Nana Helen to dinner. Maybe it was the start of Lent, maybe its that I haven't seen her, i don't know but as I got off the highway last night I decided to see if she would want to go to dinner, and of course she did.

Today I had to leave work early and go see my G.I. after all that happend last week with the C. Diff Colitis. I knew it was serious and that I was predisposed to it because of the IBD but I did not realize the severity of the situation. I will have to be careful for the next year if I'm ever put on antibiotics. C diff can be deadly if not treated properly. I can understand because last week I thought I was going to die. When that was over (after waiting over 30 mins for my doctor) it was 530 pm and my doctor just so happens to be right around the corner from one of my favorite places:

Trader Joes. My Love. Got a bunch of goodies. Seriously where else can you get such quality, good for you food for (semi-)cheap. whole foods - no way. That size bag from whole Foods would have cost me nearly $20 more than what I paid at TJs. But whole foods is a lot bigger than this store. The goods:
Random. I know. And worst of all I didn't eat any of it tonight (well, maybe I had one of those pistachio covered toffee). Although I can't wait to crack the green juice tomorrow. I know. So gross. But so good. Maybe I should invest in a juicer.

Dinner:
Yum. Chicken. Brown Rice. Salad. Yum. I eat like this 95% of the time (hey, I don't claim to be perfect) but funny, I remain forty pounds overweight. I hate you steriods.

No comments:

Post a Comment