Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Goal...

Whoa. I'm officially the worst blogger ever. But I've set a new goal. Along with my training goals, this blog was supposed to be a part of it all. So No promises of every day, but let's start with 3 times a week. I usually run three times a week, why not blog three times a week.

Phewww, now that that's off my chest - on to the good stuff.


LOVE. I had a killer hot yoga session tonight. Totally needed it. But since it dehydrates me so much I can only participate once a week. Disappointment, but oh well. That's the life of an IBD patient.

After a great workout I was famished! Then this happened.

Is it just me or do I have HUGE plates! Normally I just use my salad plates, and I honestly didn't realize I was on a huge plate until I looked at this picture. It was so delish. Roasted sweet potatoes, kale and onion saute, and a piece of chicken breast (nothing exciting, just an purdue oven backed chicken breast). YUM.What's even better is this - 
 LEFTOVERS! Lunch for tomorrow as well as some kale saute for tomorrow night. Love it. Tomorrow after work I will be running so the fuel above going to be put to use :)

So As I have mentioned previously I am currently flaring. Just like when I was first diagnosed I started noticing blood when I would go to the bathroom, and finally broke down and called the doctor when I would see blood after I farted. I was again put on Rowasa (suppository) which I am to take at night before bed. Just another medicine added to my nightly routine. Things have begun to improve, but if I go one night without using the Rowasa, i notice blood again. So I'll keep at it, but if things don't change after I use up my 1st month's supply I might be calling my Doc again.

Since I have been flaring, I make it a point to get 7-8 hours of sleep. Granted, I make a point to get 7-8 hours of sleep when I'm healthy, but when I'm flaring my bed calls me earlier and earlier. So this is what's waiting for me now -
Yes, I still sleep with stuffed animals. And after my uncle had coronary bypass earlier this year, I have made it a point to educate myself on the heart and heart disease.


No comments:

Post a Comment